Jill Anne LaZare
Jill Anne LaZare is an attorney specializing in commercial and matrimonial litigation. As a dedicated attorney, she provides personalized attention to your case. Jill focuses her practice in the areas of Family Law, Child Support, Custody & Alimony. Jill works diligently to settle your case amicably, but her trial and appellate expertise will benefit you should your case require a trial. Jill holds a Juris Doctor degree from Rutgers School of Law and studied classical piano at the New England Conservatory of Music. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from Monmouth University. She has clerked for the Hon. Jack B. Kirsten, J.S.C. and the Hon. Arthur Minusken, J.S.C. She interned for the Hon. Alfred M. Wolin, U.S.D.J. She is on the Executive Board of the Women Lawyers of Union County, WLUC, the Executive Board of the Summit Jewish Community Center, and is a member of the Union County Women's Political Caucus, a bipartisan organization for women in politics.
Areas Of Practice
- Business & Commercial Law
- Renegotiation of Contracts
- Commercial Law
- Contracts Disputes
- Family Law
- Divorce Process
- Child Support
- Child Custody and Parenting Time
- Spousal Support/ Alimony
- Modification and Enforcement
- Emergency Relief: Pendente Lite
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey
- Honors: Women's Rights Law Reporter - Associate Editor
- Monmouth University, West Long Branch, New Jersey
- Honors: American Association of University Women Scholarship
- New England Conservatory of Music, Boston, Massachusetts
- Professional Cleaning and Innovative Bldg. Services, Inc. v. Kennedy Funding, Inc.,, 2009 WL 1651131, 2009, D.N.J.
- Scheer v. Scheer, 2007 WL 4472114, 2007, N.J. Super App.Div
- Professional Cleaning and Innovative Bldg. Services, Inc. v. Kennedy Funding, Inc., 2007 WL 2249064, (C.A.3(N.J.))
- Professional Cleaning and Innovative Bldg. Services, Inc. v. Kennedy Funding, Inc., 2005 WL 5671527, D.N.J.
- Professional Cleaning and Innovative Bldg. Services, Inc. v. Kennedy Funding, Inc., 2005 WL 1924344, D.N.J.
- Cecilia Nichols v. The Prudential Insurance Company of America, 306 F.Supp.2d 418, 2004, S.D.N.Y.
- State of New Jersey v. Carl Paserchia, 356 N.J.Super. 461, 2003, App. Div.
Honors and Awards
- Moot Court Competition Judge - New Jersey State Bar Association
- Moot Court Competition Judge, Rutgers Law School Newark, New Jersey
- Early Settlement Panelist in Warren and Hudson Counties
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Women Partners in Law
- Rachel Coalition
- American Bar Association, Family Law Division
- New Jersey Bar Association, Family Law Section
- New York County Bar Association, Family Law Division
- Women Lawyers of Union County Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- Appellate Law Review, Panelist, 04/2011