Lawyer in New Jersey
Skillful and Effective Representation in Consumer and Employment Law Matters
At the Law Offices of Jill Anne LaZare, LLC, a commitment to excellent client service is the cornerstone of Attorney LaZare's successful practice and reputation. A strong negotiator and an excellent litigator, she offers skilled representation to individuals and businesses in consumer protection and employment matters. Ms. LaZare understands how important it can be to communicate with your attorney and works hard to be accessible and available when you have questions or concerns.
To set up an appointment, contact Attorney LaZare online or by phone at
Experienced Representation for Victims of Consumer Fraud
Attorney Jill Anne LaZare represents individuals and companies that have been the victims of consumer or commercial fraud, protecting your rights under the Consumer Fraud Act. If you have been taken advantage of by unscrupulous or unsavory business practices, she will work to help you recoup any losses you have incurred.
Among the types of consumer fraud claims in which Ms. LaZare has represented customers are:
- The Kennedy Funding, Inc. cases — Helping to protect consumers who have fallen prey to the sharp lending practices of Kennedy Funding. In seeking funding to purchase real property, consumers have paid significant advanced fees with the assurance from Kennedy Funding that they would be offered loans Kennedy Funding failed to deliver. The consumers never were able to purchase the property and lost the advanced fees.
- The NorVergence cases — Helping to defend customers from lawsuits filed by leasing companies assigned fraudulent NorVergence telephone service package contracts (equipment leases). Customers were fraudulently induced into entering into equipment leases that included an unnecessary "matrix box" valued at $500 to $1500 and rented to customers at up to $60,000 via five-year leases. After customers entered into the equipment leases, NorVergence filed for bankruptcy, customers lost their telephone services, and the leasing companies began filing lawsuits against the consumers for payments.
If you suspect that you are a victim of fraud, contact Attorney LaZare online for strong and aggressive representation.
Advocating for Employers and Employees
Attorney Jill Anne LaZare represents employers and employees in disputes arising in the workplace, including:
- • Failure by an employer to accommodate
- for a disability.
- • Allegations of harassment or racial
- • Retaliatory or wrongful discharge, including
- constructive termination (where the actions
- of your employer made work so unbearable
- that you quit).
- • Wrongful modification of duties, hours or
When working with employers, implementation of specific employee policies may be enforceable in court proceedings.
When protecting the rights of employees, Attorney LaZare works to ensure that employers are following established policies, but will also seek reinstatement or back pay, when applicable.
Contact Attorney Jill Anne LaZare
To set up an appointment, contact Attorney LaZare online or call her office at (908) 219-4366. She maintains offices in Summit, New Jersey and in Manhattan.
Attorney LaZare is licensed in all state courts in New Jersey , as well as the Federal District Courts in New Jersey and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 2nd and 3rd Circuits.